Monday, July 29, 2024

Living By Bread Alone


Matthew chapter 4:4

 “‘…I shall not LIVE by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD that proceeds out of the mouth of God..."


I used to wonder why Jesus gave this answer to the devil, but I am glad to say that I now understand the meaning of these words - live by your own means apart from God and you will find yourself snared by your own pride and weaknesses.


What we can do will never compare to God's grace and mercy. We want to be the hero in our fairy tale, we want to believe that we can do it all by ourselves, but most fairy tales show the hero receiving help from above to vanquish the evil villain.


We can make bread, we can buy the ingredients from the grocery store, we can mix those ingredients,  put it in a baking pan and bake it in the oven. But, what if the bread in the pan does not come out the way that we expected? Can we unmix the bread and start all over again? The Lord says, live by my word, allow me to guide you from the depths of your heart, and you will live a successful life…


You may hear that if you don't have everything that your heart desires, you will never be happy, but God is telling you right now, if you do not have Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you actually do not have anything at all!


Money can be spent and it will never return to you, gold, diamonds and fancy cars can be stolen.  Love is the only thing that will never betray you, I mean the love that exists between Jesus Christ and His people in the Body of  Christ. He loves us so much that He died on a cross, a humiliating brutal death reserved only for the criminals of that time; those who died on a cross were thought as cursed, forever separated from the presence of God.


He took our sins upon Himself, because we could not save ourselves. Once you understand why He did what He did, you will realize that you need His help and His love to survive, that is true for every man, woman and child upon the face of the world - accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, for He is your only hope.


Prayer of Salvation:


Lord Jesus, come into my heart right now - I know that I cannot live this life anymore without you. I repent of my sins, please forgive me for denying your love for me and I accept you now as my Lord and Savior...AMEN


No comments:

Post a Comment