Monday, January 3, 2022

2021 the year of distractions

 These last two years have brought great revelation to people who are not used to seeking or hearing revelation knowledge from God.  The world is dying, and the people that live upon it are unwilling or unable to change themselves or their circumstances. But the Lord is always willing to give everyone revelation about what they can do to change their situation and about the majesty of His Glory....



For me, 2021 was the year of distraction. I understood that these things must come to pass, but it is a strange existence to live in the last days of the age of man. As a christian, you hope and pray for the coming of Jesus Christ. You can see the world is in a terrible state. People are losing hope for a better tommorow, and we christians are the only ones that can tell them about the hope found in Jesus Christ. But first, we must deal with our own fears and weaknesses.


The year of 2020 was the year of the pandemic. Everyone worked hard, prayed hard, comforted people, and tried to hold on while a wave of sickness and disease ravaged the world.  We thought we had endured the worst of it only to have new variations of viruses come and go and then come again. We do not know when this will end, but I can say for sure that it has changed the lives of everyone, whether they be rich or poor, young or old. We cannot forget what was lost and what could happen in the near future.



War, disease, strange weather, unnatural occurences are happening every day. So, how did I personally cope with the problems of the world? I tried to stay close to Jesus Christ as much as possible, but I have to admit that I got distracted. We all get distracted by the problems in our lives. We find ways to comfort ourselves and then we lose focus on the big picture....



I certainly prayed and read the bible, had my devotion time, and did my biblical studies, but my mind lost focus in some areas of my life.  I didnt do enough to shut out all the craziness because really it was impossible to do so. I was not in denial on what I saw happening every day, I did everything that I could to help people in prayer and giving, but you can get weary of listening to the madness that is happening in this country and around the world every day.....


God wants us to keep our focus on Him and not on our circumstances. We need to live for Him and not for ourselves. He is the one that can give us peace in the time of troubles.  Joy, laughter, and love are our best weapons against the darkness and the fear. Live for Him, and He will show you what happiness is really all about. Hapiness has nothing to do with wealth, fame,  or so called 'power & influence' - it has everything to do with peace, love, hope, joy and everlasting life and love in the presence of an All Mighty God who loves you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment