Friday, April 12, 2019

We Are The Righteousness Of God In Christ Jesus

We all know who God is, and we celebrate His Son, Jesus Christ, for who He is and what He has done in our lives, for saving us, and helping us in our time of need. But, do you know that because we have accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, that we have become The Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus?



2 Corinthians 5:21

New International Version

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.....



What does that mean? When we were saved, our spirit became renewed as we allowed the holy spirit to come into our hearts. He changes our minds and hearts so that we will exhibit Christ-like behavior. We move with His power and His love, and we show the world what Jesus Christ is like with our actions.

This is why we can say for confidence that we are the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. As long was we choose to stay in His love and to be and live with Jesus in our hearts, we are considered righteous by the Lord. This does not mean that we cannot fall victim to our weaknesses and make mistakes. We will always have the capacity to sin while we live this life and live in our mortal bodies.

Our flesh cannot change, but our minds and hearts can be changed, if we allow the Holy Spirit to do His work in our lives. We will be changed if we love the Lord and are willing to allow Him to do His work in our lives.

So, if you find yourself doing something that you know is not Christ-like, if you have a sinful thought, if you react in way that seems worldly because someone hurt you, don't worry or feel like you are not a christian anymore. Just ask the Lord to forgive you and leave the issue at His feet, give it up to Him and let Him heal your heart and mind. Forgive yourself and remember that you will always be The Righteousness of God, not because you deserve it, but because The Lord is willing to call you His Son, His Daughter, because He loves you, and because you are willing to have Him in your life!



If you do don't know the Lord for yourself, just repeat this prayer:



Prayer of Salvation

Dear Lord,

I admit that I am a sinner. I have done many things that don’t please you. I have lived my life for myself only. I am sorry, and I repent. I ask you to forgive me.

I believe that you died on the cross for me, to save me. You did what I could not do for myself. I come to you now and ask you to take control of my life; I give it to you. From this day forward, help me to live every day for you and in a way that pleases you.

I love you, Lord, and I thank you that I will spend all eternity with you.

Amen.

Congratulations, child of the most high God, you are now His forever......

No comments:

Post a Comment