Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Love, Love, and More Love!

“God is saying, “I’ve never quit loving you and never will. Expect love, love, and more love!”

—Jeremiah 31:3 (MSG), personalized


What God is saying to the world is true - He loves us more than we can ever know. Even when we fail to do the right thing, even when some people refuse to believe that He exists, even when some people reject His claim of ownership over them and rebel against Him, even those who are full of hatred, selfishness and pride. He will always deal with us from a place of love, because there is no hatred, selfishness or pride in His heart. That means that He CANNOT deal with us as some of us deal with Him, because He is perfect, loving and kind.


He will not treat us in the same way as we treat Him, but let me be clear upon one aspect of the Lord's character: He will not allow Himself to abide in a place of fear, hatred, and darkness. If you do not love Him, He cannot help but to love you. And if you deny His love and His existence, He will not deny your existence and He will still have love for you in His heart, because HE IS LOVE.


True love can only be defined by God and His character. The 'love' that is shown in this world is usually conditional ("if you do this for me, I will do this for you"). We try to love ourselves and each other, but our own weaknesses and fears get in the way and cloud our judgement. That is why you will never know true love until you accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. Once you become born again, His Spirit comes to live inside of you and into your heart; your heart and mind is transformed into a child of the Light, and fear and darkness no longer have a permanent home in your soul.


Become what you most want to be, become a child of God by confessing your sins and asking Jesus Christ to come into your heart:


"Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."


Do it right now so that you may know true love in your heart - - YOU WILL NEVER BE DISAPPOINTED IN HIS LOVE FOR YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment