Sunday, September 22, 2024

Ruth the Story of Love

 Ruth Chapter 1: 3-5,11,14-15,16-18

 Now Elimelek, Naomi’s husband, died, and she was left with her two sons.  They married Moabite women, one named Orpah and the other Ruth. After they had lived there about ten years,  both Mahlon and Kilion also died, and Naomi was left without her two sons and her husband.

.. But Naomi said, “Return home, my daughters. Why would you come with me? Am I going to have any more sons, who could become your husbands?

 At this they wept aloud again. Then Orpah kissed her mother-in-law goodbye, but Ruth clung to her

“Look,” said Naomi, “your sister-in-law is going back to her people and her gods. Go back with her.”

 But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.  Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me.”  When Naomi realized that Ruth was determined to go with her, she stopped urging her.



The love of Ruth is explained by the scriptures that quote her words shown above - real love is kind, compassionate, and giving. It speaks to the thoughts people have about others and the environment in which they live. If someone is willing to give you unconditional love, then they are showing you the love that Jesus Christ has sown into their hearts.


Ruth’s sacrificial love is demonstrated by her loyalty to her mother in law Naomi and her faith in the God of Israel. She was willing to live with Naomi and to worship the true God of heaven. She was determined to give all that she had to help Naomi to survive and to be made whole.


What must that mother in law have been like to her daughter in law that Ruth was willing to stay by her side for the rest of their lives? Ruth must have seen a demonstration of unconditional love to understand what love truly is! Too many people have been living with what the world can give, because they do not know anything else that could be any better than what they already have. 



It was Ruth’s love for her mother in law and the life that Naomi represented that opened Ruth's heart to the possibility of living her life for the God of Israel. She grew up in an entirely different land and culture, yet she chose to reject those customs and religious practices to worship Naomi’s God. When you demonstrate God’s love to someone who has no knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, you are showing that person what it is like to be a citizen of the Kingdom of God.



We are not all called to be evangelists, pastors or teachers, but if you are a follower of Jesus Christ, you are called to be ambassadors for the Kingdom of God. We live for the Lord, and so we should show His love through our actions. People will want to know more about Jesus because of the kindness, peace and joy that emanates from our hearts.



The Lord knows where you are in your life walk, and He adjusts His measures to introduce you to Him and His love for you. No one can take away His love for you, it extends even beyond this life and this world. You must  be willing to take a chance upon His love and His word to bring you new life, to receive the gift of salvation through our Lord, Jesus Christ.




If you are looking for peace and joy in your life, please prayer this Prayer of salvation:


Lord God,  I want to know what true love is, I want to live for you. I give you myself, my life, all of my talents and resources, Lord I just want to be with you. I repent of all of my sins, and I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross so that I may receive the gift of salvation through Him. Jesus, please come into my heart right now, I believe that I am saved! AMEN



Hallelujah! You are saved! Welcome, new citizen of the Kingdom of God…

No comments:

Post a Comment